Sunday, September 16, 2012
A customer brought in a settee (from the 1800's) to be reupholstered. It was in pretty bad shape and needed a lot of work to bring it back to where it should be. Because of all the tack holes, I had to re-glue the entire piece. After this, the webbing needed to be replaced and retied, along with new edge roll. I removed the original horse hair, washed and dried it and replaced it in the seat and back. I then added foam over the horse hair and sheet poly before attaching the fabric. Variegated gimp finished off the piece. I think you can see by the before and after pictures that the job was an improvement to the piece.